5 CFR 5801.103 - Prior approval for outside employment.
(a) An employee, other than a special Government employee, shall obtain written authorization before engaging in compensated outside employment with:
(1) A Commission licensee;
(2) An applicant for a Commission license;
(3) An organization directly engaged in activities in the commercial nuclear field;
(4) A Commission contractor;
(5) A Commission supplier;
(6) An applicant for or holder of a license issued by a State pursuant to an agreement between the Commission and the State;
(7) A trade association which represents clients concerning nuclear matters; or
(8) A law firm or other organization which is participating in an NRC proceeding or which regularly represents itself or clients before the NRC.
(b) Requests for approval shall be submitted in writing to the agency designee specified in NRC Management Directive 7.8, which is available in the NRC Public Document Room, in accordance with procedures set forth in the accompanying NRC Handbook.
(c) Approval of outside employment shall be granted in writing only upon a determination by the agency designee that the proposed outside employment would not violate a Federal statute or regulation, including 5 CFR 2635.
(d) For purposes of this section, “outside employment” means any form of non-Federal employment, business relationship or activity, involving the provision of personal services by the employee. It includes, but is not limited to, personal services as an officer, director, employee, agent, attorney, consultant, contractor, general partner, trustee, teacher or speaker.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 5801.