5 CFR 6001.103 - Designation of separate agency components.
(a) Pursuant to 5 CFR 2635.203(a), each of the following components of the Department of Transportation is designated as a separate agency for purpose of the regulations in subpart B of 5 CFR part 2635 governing gifts from outside sources and § 2635.807 of this title governing teaching, speaking, or writing:
(1) Federal Aviation Administration;
(2) Federal Highway Administration;
(3) Federal Railroad Administration;
(4) Federal Transit Administration;
(5) Maritime Administration;
(6) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration;
(7) Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation; and
(8) United States Coast Guard.
(b) Employees of Department of Transportation components not designated as separate agencies, including employees of the Office of the Secretary of Transportation, the Research and Special Programs Administration, and the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, will be treated as employees of DOT which shall be treated as a single agency that is separate from the above listed agencies for purposes of determining whether the donor of a gift is a prohibited source under 5 CFR 2635.203(d) and for identifying the DOT employee's agency under 5 CFR 2635.807 governing teaching, speaking, and writing.