5 CFR 630.211 - Exclusion of Presidential appointees.
(1) Section 6301(2)(xi) of title 5, United States Code, authorizes the President to exclude certain Presidential appointees in the executive branch or the government of the District of Columbia from the annual and sick leave provisions of subchapter I of chapter 63 of title 5, United States Code, and from the related provisions of this part.
(2) The President, by Executive Order 10540, as amended, has delegated to the Office of Personnel Management the responsibility for making exclusions under section 6301(2)(xi), and the Office of Personnel Management has delegated responsibility to the head of each agency consistent with the provisions of this section.
(3) Presidential appointees in positions where the rate of basic pay is equal to or exceeds the rate for level V of the Executive Schedule are already excluded from the annual and sick leave provisions by 5 U.S.C. 6301(2)(x). Therefore, no further action by an agency is necessary to exclude these appointees.
(1) The officer is a Presidential appointee;
(3) The officer's responsibilities for carrying out the duties of the position continue outside normal duty hours and while away from the normal duty post.
(c)Revocation of exclusion. The head of an agency may revoke an exclusion from the annual and sick leave provisions which was made under this section.
(e)Continuation of previous authorizations. Any officer in an agency who was excluded by action of the President or the Civil Service Commission prior to February 15, 1979, from the annual and sick leave provisions under the authority of 5 U.S.C. 6301(2)(xi) shall continue to be excluded from annual and sick leave unless the exclusion is revoked by the agency under the provisions of this section.
Title 5 published on 07-Jun-2017 03:44
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 630 after this date.