5 CFR 724.404 - Agency obligations.
(a) Within 30 working days of issuance of the advisory guidelines required by § 724.403, each agency must prepare a written statement describing in detail:
(1) Whether it has adopted the guidelines and if it will fully follow the guidelines;
(2) If such agency has not adopted the guidelines, the reasons for non-adoption; and
(3) If such agency will not fully follow the guidelines, the reasons for the decision not to do so and an explanation of the extent to which the agency will not follow the guidelines.
(b) Each agency's written statement must be provided within the time limit stated in paragraph (a) of this section to the following:
(1) Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives;
(2) President Pro Tempore of the U.S. Senate;
(3) Chair, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission;
(4) Attorney General; and
(5) Director, U.S. Office of Personnel Management.