5 CFR 733.105 - Permitted political activities - employees who reside in designated localities and are employed in certain agencies and positions.
(a) This section applied to employees who reside in designated localities and are employed in the following agencies or positions:
(1) The Federal Election Commission;
(2) The Election Assistance Commission;
(3) The Federal Bureau of Investigation;
(4) The Secret Service;
(5) The Central Intelligence Agency;
(6) The National Security Council;
(7) The National Security Agency;
(8) The Defense Intelligence Agency;
(9) The Merit Systems Protection Board;
(10) The Office of Special Counsel;
(11) The Office of Criminal Investigation of the Internal Revenue Service.
(12) The Office of Investigative Programs of the United States Customs Service;
(13) The Office of Law Enforcement of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms;
(14) The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency;
(15) The Office of the Director of National Intelligence;
(16) Career Senior Executive Service positions described in 5 U.S.C. 3132(a)(4);
(17) Administrative Law Judge positions described in 5 U.S.C. 5372;
(18) Contract Appeals Board Member positions described in 5 U.S.C. 5372a; or
(19) Administrative Appeals Judge positions described in 5 U.S.C. 5732b.
(b) This section does not apply to individuals who have been appointed by the President by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, even though they are employed in the agencies and positions described in paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) Solicit, accept, or receive a political contribution as, or on behalf of, an independent candidate for partisan political office in elections for local office in the municipality or political subdivision;
(3) Solicit, accept, or receive uncompensated volunteer services as, or on behalf of, an independent candidate for partisan political office in elections for office in the municipality or subdivision; and
(4) Take an active part in other political activities associated with elections for local partisan political office and in managing the campaigns of candidates for election to local partisan political office in the municipality or political subdivision, but only as an independent candidate or on behalf of, or in opposition to, an independent candidate.
Title 5 published on 12-May-2018 03:22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 733 after this date.
- 5 CFR 733.104 — Prohibited Political Activities - Employees Who Reside in Designated Localities.
- 5 CFR 733.106 — Prohibited Political Activities - Employees Who Reside Designated Localities and Are Employed in Certain Agencies and Positions.
- 5 CFR 733.103 — Permitted Political Activities - Employees Who Reside in Designated Localities.