5 CFR 772.102 - Interim personnel actions.
When an employee or applicant for employment appeals an action to MSPB and the appeal results in an initial decision by an MSPB administrative judge granting interim relief under 5 U.S.C. 7701(b)(2)(A) and a petition for review of the initial decision is filed (or will be filed) with the full Board under 5 U.S.C. 7701(e)(1)(A), the agency shall provide the relief ordered in the initial decision by taking an interim personnel action subject to the following terms:
(a) Interim personnel actions shall be made effective upon the date of issuance of the initial decision and must be initiated on or before the date of a petition for review by the agency or within a reasonable period after the date it becomes aware of a petition for review by the appellant;
(b) The relief provided by interim personnel actions shall end:
(2) When the initial decision becomes final pursuant to an action of the full Board or pursuant to a decision by an applicant for employment, employee, and/or agency to withdraw (or change intentions to file) any petition for review filed under 5 U.S.C. 7701(e)(1)(A), or
(c) Interim relief shall entitle the applicant for employment or employee to the same compensation and benefits he or she would receive if the relief effected had not been on an interim basis except as provided in paragraph (f) of this section;
(d) An interim personnel action shall not be taken if the MSPB administrative judge, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 7701(b)(2)(A)(i), determines that granting interim relief is not appropriate;
(e) An interim personnel action under this part shall not entitle the applicant for employment or employee to an award of back pay or attorney fees.
- 5 CFR 837.504 — Redetermined Annuity.
- 5 CFR 831.201 — Exclusions From Retirement Coverage.
- 5 CFR 846.201 — Elections to Become Subject to FERS.
- 5 CFR 837.503 — Supplemental Annuity.
- 5 CFR 837.203 — Annuities That Are Suspended During Reemployment.
- 5 CFR 831.2011 — Effect of Part 772 of This Chapter on CSRS Lump-Sum Payments.
- 5 CFR 842.105 — Regulatory Exclusions.
- 5 CFR 837.103 — Notice.
- 5 CFR 531.406 — Creditable Service.
- 5 CFR 837.402 — Special Notice.
- 5 CFR 890.102 — Coverage.
- 5 CFR 894.302 — What Is an Excluded Position?
- 5 CFR 841.506 — Effect of Part 772 of This Chapter on FERS Payments.