§ 831.1511 Authorized allottees.
(a) An annuitant may make an allotment to the national office or headquarters of any of the following organizations:
(1) A labor organization recognized under Executive Order 11491, as amended;
(2) An employee organization recognized under 5 U.S.C. 8901(8);
(3) Other lawful organizations which:
(i) Are national in scope,
(ii) Are nonprofit and noncommercial, existing primarily for the purpose of representing employee or annuitant interests in their dealings with employing agencies or OPM,
(iii) Consist primarily of Federal employees and/or annuitants, and
(iv) Existed as of December 23, 1975.
(b) OPM, in its sole discretion, may approve the individual organizations which may receive allotments only after the organization has collected, in accordance with procedures prescribed by OPM, a minimum of two thousand (2,000) allotment authorizations from civil service annuitants.
(c) OPM shall permit an annuitant to make an allotment to an organization only when:
(1) The organization has been approved as an allottee by OPM, and
(2) The organization has agreed in writing to solicit and process allotments in accordance with requirements prescribed by OPM.