5 CFR 839.301 - What should I do if I am not sure whether I am or was in the wrong retirement plan?

prev | next
§ 839.301 What should I do if I am not sure whether I am or was in the wrong retirement plan?

(a) If you are an employee, your employer has your personnel records and will review them to determine whether an error has been made. Therefore, you should notify your employer's human resources office if you believe an error has been made in your case. Notify your current employer even if you believe the error occurred while you were employed at another agency.

(b) If you are not currently employed by the Federal Government, you should notify OPM at: U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Retirement Operations Center, Post Office Box 45, Boyers, Pennsylvania 16017. You can also contact us by electronic mail at FERCCA@OPM.GOV. Notify OPM regardless of whether you are a retiree, survivor, or separated employee.

(c) You may also get additional information about the FERCCA and whether or not you qualify at: www.opm.gov/benefits/correction.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

Statutes at Large

Title 5 published on 09-May-2017 03:44

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 839 after this date.

  • 2016-12-22; vol. 81 # 246 - Thursday, December 22, 2016
    1. 81 FR 93851 - Federal Employees' Retirement System; Government Costs
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      Proposed rule.
      We must receive your comments by February 21, 2017.
      5 CFR Parts 831, 839, 841, 842, and 847