§ 841.301 Purpose.
(a) This subpart explains -
(1) The procedures that employees. separated employees, retirees, and survivors must follow in applying for benefits under FERS;
(2) The procedures that OPM will generally follow in determining eligibility for benefits under FERS;
(3) The appeal rights available to claimants adversely affected by OPM decisions under FERS; and
(4) The special rules for processing competing claimant cases under FERS.
(b) This subpart does not apply to processing -
(1) Forfeiture of annuity for conviction of certain criminal offenses relating to national security under subchapter II of chapter 83 of title 5, United States Code (processed under subpart K of part 831 of this chapter);
(2) Court orders affecting FERS benefits (processed under subpart I of this part); or
(3) Collection of debts due to the United States (processed under part 845 of this chapter).