5 CFR 842.606 - Election of a self-only annuity or a one-half reduced annuity by married employees and Members.
(a) A married employee may not elect a self-only annuity or a one-half reduced annuity to provide a current spouse annuity without the consent of the current spouse or a waiver of spousal consent by OPM in accordance with § 842.607.
(b) Evidence of spousal consent or a request for waiver of spousal consent must be filed on a form prescribed by OPM.
(c) The spousal consent form will require that a notary public or other official authorized to administer oaths certify that the current spouse presented identification, gave consent, signed or marked the form, and acknowledged that the consent was given freely in the notary's or official's presence.
(d) The form described in paragraph (c) of this section may be executed before a notary public, an official authorized by the law of the jurisdiction where executed to administer oaths, or an OPM employee designated for that purpose by the Associate Director.
(e) A request for waiver of the spousal consent requirement must be by letter and fully state the basis for the request.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 842 after this date.
- 5 CFR 842.604 — Election at Time of Retirement of a Fully Reduced Annuity or a One-Half Reduced Annuity to Provide a Former Spouse Annuity.
- 5 CFR 842.611 — Post-Retirement Election of a Fully Reduced Annuity or One-Half Reduced Annuity to Provide a Former Spouse Annuity.
- 5 CFR 842.612 — Post-Retirement Election of a Fully Reduced Annuity or One-Half Reduced Annuity to Provide a Current Spouse Annuity.
- 5 CFR 843.502 — Eligibility.
- 5 CFR 842.603 — Election at Time of Retirement of a Fully Reduced Annuity to Provide a Current Spouse Annuity.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 5.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.