5 CFR 890.1003 - Definitions.
In this subpart:
Community means a geographically-defined area in which a provider furnishes health care services or supplies and for which he may request a limited waiver of debarment in accordance with this subpart. Defined service area has the same meaning as community.
Contest means a health care provider's request for the debarring or suspending official to reconsider a proposed sanction or the length or amount of a proposed sanction.
Control interest means that a health care provider:
(1) Has a direct and/or indirect ownership interest of 5 percent or more in an entity;
(2) Owns a whole or part interest in a mortgage, deed of trust, note, or other obligation secured by the entity or the entity's property or assets, equating to a direct interest of 5 percent or more of the total property or assets of the entity;
(3) Serves as an officer or director of the entity, if the entity is organized as a corporation;
(4) Is a partner in the entity, if the entity is organized as a partnership;
(5) Serves as a managing employee of the entity, including but not limited to employment as a general manager, business manager, administrator, or other position exercising, either directly or through other employees, operational or managerial control over the activities of the entity or any portion of the entity;
(6) Exercises substantive control over an entity or a critical influence over the activities of the entity or some portion of thereof, whether or not employed by the entity; or
(7) Acts as an agent of the entity.
Conviction or convicted has the meaning set forth in 5 U.S.C. 8902a(a)(1)(C).
Covered individual means an employee, annuitant, family member, or former spouse covered by a health benefits plan described by 5 U.S.C. 8903 or 8903a or an individual eligible to be covered by such a plan under 5 U.S.C. 8905(d).
Days means calendar days, unless specifically indicated otherwise.
FEHBP means the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
Health care services or supplies means health care or services and supplies such as diagnosis and treatment; drugs and biologicals; supplies, appliances and equipment; and hospitals, clinics, or other institutional entities that furnish supplies and services.
Incarceration means imprisonment, or any type of confinement with or without supervised release, including but not limited to home detention, community confinement, house arrest, or similar arrangements.
Limited waiver means an approval by the debarring official of a health care provider's request to receive payments of FEHBP funds for items or services rendered in a defined geographical area, notwithstanding debarment, because the provider is the sole community provider or sole source of essential specialized services in a community.
Office or OPM means the United States Office of Personnel Management or the component thereof responsible for conducting the administrative sanctions program described by this subpart.
Provider or provider of health care services or supplies means a physician, hospital, clinic, or other individual or entity that, directly or indirectly, furnishes health care services or supplies.
Should know or should have known has the meaning set forth in 5 U.S.C. 8902a(a)(1)(D).
Sole community provider means a provider who is the only source of primary medical care within a defined service area.
Sole source of essential specialized services in a community means a health care provider who is the only source of specialized health care items or services in a defined service area and that items or services furnished by a non-specialist cannot be substituted without jeopardizing the health or safety of covered individuals.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 5 CFR Part 890 after this date.