50 CFR 23.37 - What are the requirements for a re-export certificate?
(b)U.S. application forms. Complete the appropriate form for the proposed activity and submit it to the U.S. Management Authority. Form 3-200-73 may also be submitted to Law Enforcement at certain ports or regional offices:
|Type of application for a re-export certificate||Form no.|
Single-use Permits under a Master File or an Annual Program File
Trophies by Taxidermists
|(2) Endangered Species Act and CITES:
|(3) Marine Mammal Protection Act and CITES:
Live Captive-held Marine Mammals
(c)Criteria. The criteria in this paragraph (c) apply to the issuance and acceptance of U.S. and foreign re-export certificates. When applying for a U.S. certificate, you must provide sufficient information for us to find that your proposed activity meets all of the following criteria:
|Criteria for a re-export certificate||Appendix of the specimen||Section|
|(1) The wildlife or plant was legally acquired.||Yes||Yes||Yes||23.60|
|(2) The scientific name of the species is the standard nomenclature in the CITES Appendices or the references adopted by the CoP.||Yes||Yes||Yes||23.23|
|(3) For a live specimen, an import permit has already been issued or the Management Authority of the importing country has confirmed that it will be issued. This criterion does not apply to a specimen with the source code “D.”||Yes||n/a||n/a||23.35|
|(4) Live wildlife or plants will be prepared and shipped so as to minimize risk of injury, damage to health, or cruel treatment of the specimen.||Yes||Yes||Yes||23.23|
|(5) For re-export of a confiscated specimen, the proposed re-export would not be detrimental to the survival of the species.||Yes||Yes||n/a||23.61|
|(6) For wildlife with the source code “W” or “F,” the re-export is for noncommercial purposes.||Yes||n/a||n/a||-|
- 50 CFR 23.71 — How Can I Trade Internationally in Sturgeon Caviar?
- 50 CFR 23.23 — What Information Is Required on U.S. And Foreign CITES Documents?
- 50 CFR 23.69 — How Can I Trade Internationally in Fur Skins and Fur Skin Products of Bobcat, River Otter, Canada Lynx, Gray Wolf, and Brown Bear Harvested in the United States?
- 50 CFR 23.70 — How Can I Trade Internationally in American Alligator and Other Crocodilian Skins, Parts, and Products?
- 50 CFR 23.68 — How Can I Trade Internationally in Roots of American Ginseng?
- 50 CFR 23.20 — What CITES Documents Are Required for International Trade?