50 CFR 23.51 - What are the requirements for issuing a partially completed CITES document?
(b)U.S. and foreign general provisions. The following provisions apply to the issuance and acceptance of partially completed CITES documents.
(ii) All provisions of CITES have been met.
(iii) The specimens are one of the following:
(A) Biological samples.
(B) Pre-Convention specimens.
(i) Enter specific information on the CITES document or its annex as conditioned on the face of the CITES document.
(iii) Sign the CITES document, which acts as a certification that the information entered is true and accurate.
(4) CITES documents issued for biological samples may be validated at the time of issuance provided that upon export the container is labeled with the CITES document number and indicates it contains CITES biological samples.
(d)Criteria. The criteria in this paragraph (d) apply to the issuance and acceptance of U.S. and foreign CITES documents. When applying for a U.S. CITES document, you must provide sufficient information for us to find that your proposed activity meets the criteria in subpart C for the appropriate CITES document and the following criteria:
(2) The proposed activity will have a negligible impact or no impact upon the conservation of the species.
(e)U.S. standard conditions. In addition to the conditions in § 23.56 and any standard conditions in this part that apply to the specific CITES document, the following conditions must be met:
(1) You must enter the information specified in block 5, either on the face of the CITES document or in an annex to the document.
(2) You may not alter or enter any information on the face of the CITES document or in an annex to the document that is not authorized in block 5 or an equivalent place.
(3) If you are authorized to enter a scientific name, it must be for a species authorized in block 5 or an equivalent place, or in an attached annex of the CITES document.
(4) You must sign the CITES document to certify that all information entered by you is true and correct.
Title 50 published on 09-Jun-2018 05:25
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 23 after this date.