50 CFR 600.1002 - General requirements.
(a) Each program must be:
(2) Accompanied by the appropriate environmental, economic and/or socioeconomic analyses, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations, or other authorities; and
(1) Prevent the replacement of fishing capacity removed by the program through a moratorium on new entrants, restrictions on vessel upgrades, and other effort control measures, taking into account the full potential fishing capacity of the fleet;
(2) Establish a specified or target total allowable catch or other measures that trigger closure of the fishery or adjustments to reduce catch; and
(3) Include, for a financed program in a reduction fishery involving only a portion of a fishery, appropriate provisions for the post-reduction allocation of fish between the reduction fishery and the rest of the fishery that both protect the borrower's reduction investment in the program and support the borrower's ability to repay the reduction loan.
(c) The Secretary may not make a fishing capacity reduction program payment with respect to a reduction vessel that will not be scrapped unless the Secretary certifies that the vessel will not be used for fishing in the waters of the U.S., a foreign nation, or on the high seas.
- 50 CFR 600.1004 — Accepting a Request For, and Determinations About Initiating, a Financed Program.
- 50 CFR 600.1006 — Accepting a Request For, and Determinations About Conducting, a Subsidized Program.
- 50 CFR 600.1009 — Bids.
- 50 CFR 600.1003 — Content of a Request for a Financed Program.
- 50 CFR 600.1103 — Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands (BSAI) Crab Species Program.
- 50 CFR 600.1005 — Content of a Request for a Subsidized Program.