50 CFR 600.1415 - Procedures for designating exempted states-general provisions.
(a) States with an exempted state designation must:
(1) Submit state angler and for-hire vessel license holder data to NMFS for inclusion in a national or regional registry database; or
(2) Participate in regional surveys of recreational catch and effort and make the data from those surveys available to NMFS.
(b) Process for getting an exempted state designation:
(1) To apply for exempted state designation, a state must submit:
(i) A complete description of the data it intends to submit to NMFS;
(ii) An assessment of how the data conforms to the requirements of §§ 600.1416 or 600. 1417;
(iii) A description of the database in which the data exists and will be transmitted; and
(iv) The proposed process, schedule and frequency of submission of the data.
(2) If NMFS determines the submitted material meets the requirements of §§ 600.1416 or 600.1417, NMFS will initiate negotiations with the state on a Memorandum of Agreement. The Memorandum of Agreement must include the terms and conditions of the data-sharing program. The Memorandum of Agreement and state designation may be limited to data-sharing related to only anglers or only for-hire fishing vessels.
(3) Following execution of a Memorandum of Agreement, NMFS will publish a notice of the exempted state designation in the Federal Register.
Title 50 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 50 CFR Part 600 after this date.