50 CFR 600.753 - Notice of intent to establish a fishery negotiation panel.
(a)Publication of notice. If, after considering the report of a convener or conducting its own assessment, a Council or NMFS decides to establish an FNP, NMFS shall publish in the Federal Register and, as appropriate, in trade or other specialized publications, a document that shall include:
(2) A description of the subject and scope of the conservation and management measure, and the issues to be considered.
(3) A list of the interests that are likely to be significantly affected by the conservation and management measure.
(5) A proposed agenda and schedule for completing the work of the FNP.
(7) A solicitation for comments on the proposal to establish the FNP, and the proposed membership of the FNP.
(b)Nomination of members and public comment. Persons who may be significantly affected by the development of conservation and management measure and who believe that their interests will not be adequately represented by any person specified in a document under paragraph (a)(4) of this section may apply for, or nominate another person for, membership on the FNP to represent such interests. Each application or nomination shall include:
(3) A written commitment that the applicant or nominee shall actively participate in good faith in the development of the conservation and management measure under consideration.
(c)Public comment. The Council or NMFS shall provide at least 30 calendar days for the submission of comments and applications under this section.