7 CFR 1000.15 - Fluid milk product.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, fluid milk productshall mean any milk products in fluid or frozen form that are intended to be used as beverages containing less than 9 percent butterfat and 6.5 percent or more nonfat solids or 2.25 percent or more true milk protein. Sources of such nonfat solids/protein include but are not limited to: Casein, whey protein concentrate, milk protein concentrate, dry whey, caseinates, lactose, and any similar dairy derived ingredient. Such products include, but are not limited to: Milk, fat-free milk, lowfat milk, light milk, reduced fat milk, milk drinks, eggnog and cultured buttermilk, including any such beverage products that are flavored, cultured, modified with added or reduced nonfat solids, sterilized, concentrated, or reconstituted. As used in this part, the term concentrated milk means milk that contains not less than 25.5 percent, and not more than 50 percent, total milk solids.
(b) The term fluid milk product shall not include:
(1) Any product that contains less than 6.5 percent nonfat milk solids and contains less than 2.25 percent true milk protein; whey; plain or sweetened evaporated milk/skim milk; sweetened condensed milk/skim milk; yogurt containing beverages with 20 or more percent yogurt by weight and kefir; products especially prepared for infant feeding or dietary use (meal replacement) that are packaged in hermetically sealed containers; and products that meet the compositional standards specified in paragraph (a) of this section but contain no fluid milk products included in paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) The quantity of skim milk equivalent in any modified product specified in paragraph (a) of this section that is greater than an equal volume of an unmodified product of the same nature and butterfat content.
- 7 CFR 1000.40 — Classes of Utilization.
- 7 CFR 1033.15 — Fluid Milk Products.
- 7 CFR 1160.107 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1030.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1006.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1001.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1032.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1007.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1005.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1131.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1126.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
- 7 CFR 1124.15 — Fluid Milk Product.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 1000.