§ 1437.301 Value loss.
(a) Special provisions are required to assess losses and calculate assistance for a few crops and commodities that do not lend themselves to yield loss situations. Assistance for these commodities is calculated based on the loss of value at the time of disaster. FSA determines which crops are value-loss crops, but unless otherwise announced, value-loss crops are those identified in §§ 1437.303 through 1437.309. Lost production of value loss crops is eligible for payment only as specified in this subpart.
(b) The crop year for all value loss crops, except ornamental nursery as specified in § 1437.305, is October 1 through September 30.
(c) Producers must file an application for coverage in accordance with § 1437.7, and must:
(1) Provide a report of the crop, commodity, and facility to FSA for the acreage or facility, in a form prescribed by FSA, no later than the beginning of the crop year.
(2) Maintain a verifiable inventory of the eligible crop throughout the crop year; and
(3) Provide an accurate accounting of the inventory, as required by FSA.
(d) For coverage levels specified in § 1437.5(c), producers must pay a premium equal to the lesser of:
(1) The producer's share, times the maximum dollar value for coverage sought, times the coverage level, times the average market price, times a 5.25 percent premium fee; or
(2) A 5.25 percent premium fee times the applicable payment limitation.