7 CFR 17.7 - Notice of sale procedures.
(a) Telephonic notice of sale. The supplier shall, immediately upon making a firm sale, telephone a notice of sale to Pub L. 480 Operations Division, FAS. A sale is considered firm when the supplier has been notified by the importer of an award, even though the contract is conditioned on approval by FAS (see § 17.5(b)(1).) If the supplier fails to furnish a notice of sale within 3 working days after the date of sale, CCC has the right to refuse to finance the sale.
(1) Pub. L. 480 Operations Division will notify the supplier by telephone of approval of the notice of sale.
(2) The supplier will prepare Form FAS-359, “Declaration of Sale,” and submit it to Pub. L. 480 Operations Division promptly as soon as FAS has provided the CCC Registration Number to the supplier. The supplier or the supplier's authorized representative must sign the form.
(3) Each Form FAS-359 shall cover only a single sale contract. If a sale is made under two or more purchase authorizations, the supplier will prepare separate forms for each purchase authorization.
(4) If any correction is needed to the Form FAS-359, the supplier must immediately notify FAS. If a contract is amended, the supplier should present the original Form FAS-359 for payment along with a copy of the written USDA approval of the contract amendment.
(1) Pub. L. 480 Operations Division, FAS, will notify the supplier by telephone when a sale is disapproved for financing. The related contract between the supplier and importer shall, for purposes of financing, be considered null and void.
(d) Contract delivery period. Price approval is limited to exports made during the delivery period stated in the notice of sale or any contract amendment approved by the Pub. L. 480 Operations Division, FAS. If the supplier cannot complete delivery by the terminal delivery date of the contract delivery period, the supplier and the participant or importer shall submit a notice of contract amendment as provided in paragraph (e) of this section. If the supplier fails to comply, § 17.10(d) shall apply.
(1) The supplier and the participant or importer shall each submit a written notice of each contract amendment to the Director immediately after the amendment to the contract is made. This includes not only any change in the contract delivery period or any other terms and conditions of the contract as provided in the information given in the original notice of sale or any amendment thereto, but also any change in any other terms and conditions of the contract.
(i) A request that USDA approve an amendment to the specifically identified sale contract between (the participant or importer) and (the commodity supplier).
(ii) A statement of what the amendment consists of (as, extension of delivery period through (date)) and a detailed explanation of the reasons for the amendment.
(3) Pub. Law 480 Operations Division, FAS, will notify the supplier as to whether the amendment is approved or disapproved.
(4) The supplier shall furnish a copy of the USDA approval of the amendment with other documentation submitted to obtain payment.
(5) If the supplier fails to furnish notice of a contract amendment to Pub. L. 480 Operations Division, FAS, within 3 working days after the date of such amendment, CCC has the right to refuse to finance the sale or any portion of the sale.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 17.