7 CFR § 1744.66 - The financial requirement statement (FRS).
(a) To request advances, the borrower must submit to RUS an FRS, a description of the advances desired, and other information related to the transactions when required by RUS.
(b) The FRS is used by RUS and the borrower to record and control transactions in the construction fund. Approved contracts and other items are shown on the FRS under “Approved Purposes.” Except as noted below, the amount approved for advance is 100 percent of the amount encumbered for that item. Funds are approved for advance as follows:
(1) Construction—(i) Construction contracts and force account proposals. Ninety percent of the encumbered amount (95 percent for outside plant), with the final 10 percent (5 percent) approved when RUS approves the closeout documents. When a contract contains supplement “A” (See 7 CFR part 1753), 90 percent (95 percent) of the contract is approved less materials supplied by the borrower. For the Supplement “A” materials, which are a separate entry on the FRS, 100 percent of the material cost is approved.
(ii) Work orders. The portion of the work order summary (See 7 CFR part 1753) determined by RUS to be for approved loan purposes.
(iii) Work order fund. Based on a borrower's request as described in 7 CFR part 1753.
(iv) Real estate. Upon request by the borrower after submission of evidence of a valid title.
(v) Right of way procurement. Based on the borrower's itemized costs.
(vi) Joint use charges. Based on copies of invoices from the other utility.
(2) Engineering—(i) Preloan engineering. Based on a final itemized invoice from the engineer.
(ii) Postloan engineering contracts. The amount shown on the engineering estimate, RUS Form 506, less the amount estimated for construction contract closeouts. The balance is approved when the engineering contract is closed.
(iii) Force account engineering. Ninety percent of the total amount of the RUS approved force account engineering proposal. The balance is approved when the force account engineering proposal is closed.
(3) Office equipment, vehicles and work equipment. Based on copies of invoices for the equipment.
(4) General—(i) Organization and loan expenditures. Based on an itemized list of requirements prepared by the borrower.
(ii) Construction overhead. Based on an itemized list of expenditures. If funds are required for employee salaries, the itemization shall include the employee's position, the period covered, total compensation for the period, and the portion of compensation attributable to the itemized construction.
(iii) Legal fees. Based on itemized invoices from the attorney.
(iv) Bank stock. Based on the requirements for purchase of class B Rural Telephone Bank stock established in the loan. Funds for class B stock will be advanced in an amount equal to 5 percent of the amount, exclusive of the amount for class B stock, of each loan advance, at the time of such advance.
(5) Operating expenses—(i) Working capital—new system. Based on the borrower's itemized estimate.
(ii) Current operating deficiencies. Based on a current and projected balance sheet submitted by the borrower.
(6) Debt retirement and refinancing. Upon release of the loan, based on the amount in the approved budget.
(7) Acquisitions. Based on final itemized costs, but cannot exceed the amount in the approved loan budget.
(c) Funds other than loan funds deposited in the construction fund, which shall include proceeds from the sale of property on which RUS has a lien, (lines 10 and 11 on the FRS) are reported as a credit under total disbursements. Disbursements of these funds are subject to the same RUS approvals as loan funds.
(d) The borrower shall request advances as needed to meet its obligations promptly. Generally, RUS does not approve an advance requested more than 60 days before the obligation is payable.
(e) Funds should be disbursed for the item for which they were advanced. If the borrower needs to pay an invoice for which funds have not been advanced, and disbursement of advanced funds for another item has been delayed, the latter funds may be disbursed to pay the invoice up to the amount approved for advance for that item on the FRS. The borrower shall make erasable entries on the next FRS showing the changes under “Total Advances to Date” and shall explain the changes in writing before RUS will process the next FRS.
(f) Advances will be rounded down to the nearest thousands of dollars except for final amounts.
(g) The certification on each of the three copies of the FRS sent to RUS shall be signed by a corporate officer of manager authorized by resolution of the board of directors to sign such statements. At the time of such authorization a certified copy of the resolution and one copy of RUS Form 675, Certificate of Authority, shall be submitted to RUS.
(h) The documentation required for the FRS transactions are the deposit slips, the canceled construction fund checks and the supporting invoices or reimbursement schedules. These shall be kept in the borrower's files for periodic audits by RUS.