7 CFR 1786.30 - Processing procedure.
(a) Priority of Processing. The determination of the order or method in which applications or portions of applications will be processed by RUS pursuant to this subpart rests solely within the discretion of the Administrator. RUS expects that a number of prepayment applications will be processed simultaneously. In the event that it becomes necessary to establish priorities of processing, prepayment applications will be processed without regard to the date received, generally in the following order of priority:
(3) Applications from all other borrowers. When assigning priority to such applications, RUS will consider a number of factors, including without limitation, (i) the number of prepayment applications being processed by the area office; (ii) the novelty or complexity of the proposed transaction; (iii) the method of prepayment; and (iv) the availability of resources. In the event that RUS receives during the initial application period, prepayment applications from such borrowers in an amount less than remaining prepayment authority for each respective program, RUS will establish a new application period and publish a notice to that effect in theFederal Register.
(b) Pro-rated Applications. Standard electric program applications, and telephone program applications will be prorated within their respective application categories to permit partial prepayments in the event that the aggregate amount of prepayment applications received during the application period exceeds the amount of prepayment authority allocated to that application category. In such circumstances, the amount of each borrower's permitted prepayment shall be determined within each respective application category, as follows:
(1) The principal amount of FFB advances under each individual application, which, if prepaid pursuant to this subpart, would result in an economic savings to the borrower, shall be divided by the aggregate principal amount of FFB advances, under all of the applications, which, if prepaid pursuant to this subpart, would result in an economic savings to the borrowers, in order to determine a percentage (hereinafter called a pro-rated percentage) for each borrower;
(2) Each borrower's share of the prepayment authority for its application category shall be equal to the product of (i) the prepayment authority times (ii) the respective pro-rated percentage, and may be used to prepay a portion of any of the borrower's FFB loans listed pursuant to§ 1786.31(a)(2);
(3) If any approved prepayment transaction fails to be settled within 180 days of the date the borrower is notified by RUS of its prepayment allocation, RUS may rescind its approval. The unused prepayment authority represented by such a failed transaction is subject to being included in any subsequent notice of a new application period under this subpart; and
(4) In the event that applications from financially distressed borrowers exceed the amount prepayment authority remaining in the financially distressed borrowers' reserve, the Administrator at his discretion shall select one or more of such applications and allocate the reserve. In making such a selection and allocation, the Administrator may consider various factors, including without limitation, (i) the dollar amount of savings to be realized by the proposed prepayment; (ii) the interest rates on the FFB loans proposed to be prepaid; (iii) the magnitude of the default or potential default; and (iv) whether the borrower has previously completed a prepayment undersection 306(A).
(c) Notification of Borrowers' Allocations. Promptly after allocating the prepayment authority to borrowers and completing any proration calculations that may be necessary, RUS will return to each borrower submitting a prepayment application pursuant to this subpart, a copy of their Notice of Intent to Prepay the Federal Financing Bank specifying the amount of the borrower's prepayment allocation.
[55 FR 1145, Jan. 11, 1990, as amended at 55 FR 49250, Nov. 27, 1990]
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 1786.