7 CFR 1948.82 - Plan and State Investment Strategy approval procedure.
(a) Any plan submitted for Rural Development approval, whether it is a plan developed with assistance under this section, an existing plan, or a modified plan, should contain:
(4) A brief description of the socio-economic impacts that are expected to occur in the approved designated area covered by the plan within each of the next three calendar years;
(ii) The amount of tax revenues expected to accrue to local governments serving the approved designated area covered by the plan in each of the next three years due to increased economic activities which have occurred since the year prior to designation or are expected to occur as a result of coal and uranium development activity;
(iv) Existing budget surplus at the State and local level.
(7) The specific needs of the area covered by the plan as to the number of housing units now needed and the number that are expected to be needed in each of the next three years, and/or the number and type of public facilities and services now needed or expected to be needed in the next three years;
(8) The type and quantity of real property now needed or expected to be needed in the next three years for the construction of public facilities and/or housing and/or in the provisions of public services;
(10) An estimate of assistance that will be necessary under this section and/or other Rural Development or Federal programs for the development of the site.
(b) All plans meeting the criteria in paragraph (a) of this section should be forwarded to the Governor of the appropriate State or States for possible incorporation into the State Investment Strategy for Energy Impacted Areas.
(c) Appropriate growth management and/or housing plans received by the Governor under this section may be submitted to the appropriate Rural Development State Office by the Governor.
(e) During fiscal year 1979 the Governor may submit existing plans to Rural Development for qualified approval in which some sections under paragraph (a) above are incomplete, provided that planning is presently being done to fill these gaps, or application for a planning grant has been submitted or is to be submitted to cover the cost of the needed planning. These plans must be resubmitted for final approval on or before December 31, 1980. No requested grant will be approved for land acquisition or site development unless the request is cited in the Rural Development -approved comprehensive growth management plan for the designated area in which the project is located.
(1) Appropriateness of Rural Development assistance under this section as called for in the plans;
(2) Appropriateness of Rural Development assistance under other programs as called for in the plans;
(4) Other Federal programs which could be used instead of, or in addition to, assistance under this section; and
(5) Recommended action.
(g) The Rural Development State Director shall submit all plans received from the Governor, the State Investment Strategy Energy Impacted Areas, and any comments to the Rural Development National Office for approval within 10 days of the submission of plans and the State Investment Strategies for Energy Impacted Areas to the State Director.
(h) The Rural Development National Office shall review all plans and State Investment Strategy for Energy Impacted Areas received and approve or return them for modification within 30 days of their receipt in the Rural Development National Office.
(j) Upon approval of the plans and State Investment Strategies for Energy Impacted Areas by the Under Secretary for Rural Development, the Rural Development State Director may exercise the authority of the Secretary of Agriculture under Section 603 of the Rural Development Act of 1972 to convene a meeting of the appropriate representatives of all Federal and State agencies which are requested to supply development funds by the State Investment Strategy for Energy Impacted Areas for the purpose of obtaining tentative funding commitments consistent with their authorities.
(m) The Governor's modification to the State Investment Strategy for Energy Impacted Areas may be approved by the Rural Development State Director provided the modification is consistent with Rural Development approved plans.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1948 after this date.