7 CFR 1948.86 - Site development and acquisition grant selection criteria.
The following criteria will be considered in the selection of site development and/or acquisition grant recipients:
(a) Required criteria. Each project must meet the following criteria:
(1) The area is covered by a Rural Development approved plan;
(2) The Rural Development approved plan specifically calls for the site development and/or acquisition;
(3) Other Federal funds that the community could receive for the project are inadequate or not available, and no State or local funds for site development are available to permit development on a timely basis;
(8) Priority has been given in the selection of site to unoccupied or previously mined land;
(10) The land is stable if previously mined; and
(11) Assurance that the requirements set forth in title 7, subtitle A, part 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970) have been met.
(b) Competitive criteria. The following criteria will be considered in the selection of grantees:
(2) The increase in the number of new employees and the percentage of increase in employment in coal and/or uranium development activities in the year of designation within the approved designated area (years projected will be averaged and treated equally);
(3) The severity of need for housing, public facilities, services that has resulted from coal or uranium development activities in relation to available financial resources within the approved designated area covered by the plan calling for the project;
(4) Local priority for the project;
(5) The amount of effort by State and local government to meet the needs of the area covered by the application as called for in the State Investment Strategy for Energy Impacted Areas in relation to available financial resources;
(6) An assessment of the environmental impacts of the project; and
(7) The nature of comments and recommendations of A-95 clearing- house(s).
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 1948 after this date.