7 CFR § 1980.1005 - Definitions.
In addition to the definitions found in the regulations for the programs identified in § 1980.1002, the following definitions apply to this subpart. If the same term is defined in any of the regulations for the programs identified in § 1980.1002, for purposes of this subpart, that term will have the meaning identified in this subpart.
Adopted means appropriate entity has, or entities have, officially approved the plan for implementation. The appropriate entity or entities will vary among plans and may be, for example, a governing body or planning board.
Agency means the Rural Business-Cooperative Service, the Rural Housing Service, or the Rural Utilities Service, or their successor agencies.
Carried out in a rural area means either:
Investment means either monetary or non-monetary contributions to the implementation of the Plan's objectives.
Jurisdiction means a unit of government or other entity with similar powers, such as a city, county, district, special purpose district, township, town, borough, parish, village, state, Indian tribe, etc.
Multi-jurisdictional means more than one jurisdiction.
Multi-sectoral means intentional collaboration between two or more sectors (i.e., utility, health, housing, community services, etc.) to accomplish goals and achieve outcomes in communities and regions.
Philanthropic organization means an entity whose mission is to provide monetary, technical assistance, or other items of value for religious, charitable, community development, scientific, literary, or educational purposes.
(1) A variety of activities designed to facilitate the vision of a rural community for the future including considerations for improving and expanding broadband services as needed;
(2) Participation by multiple stakeholders, including local and regional partners;
(3) Leverage of applicable regional resources;
(4) Investment from strategic partners, such as private organizations, cooperatives, other government entities, Indian tribes, and philanthropic organizations;
(5) Clear objectives with the ability to establish measurable performance metrics;
(6) Action steps for implementation; and
Strategic partner means entities such as private organizations, cooperatives, other government entities, Indian Tribes, and philanthropic organizations.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.