7 CFR 247.14 - Other public assistance programs.
(a)What information on other public assistance programs must the local agency provide to women, infants, and children applying for recertification? The local agency must provide CSFP applicants eligible for both CSFP and WIC with written information on the WIC Program, to assist them in choosing the program in which they wish to participate. Additionally, the local agency must provide women, infants, and children applicants with written information on the following nutrition, health, or public assistance programs, and make referrals to these programs as appropriate:
(1) The Medicaid Program, which is the medical assistance program established under Title XIX of the Social Security Act ( 42 U.S.C. 1396et seq.), and other health insurance programs for low-income households in the State. The State agency must provide local agencies with materials showing the income standards utilized in the Medicaid Program;
(2) The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program under part A of Title IV of the Social Security Act ( 42 U.S.C. 601et seq.);
(3) The Child Support Enforcement Program under part D of Title IV of the Social Security Act ( 42 U.S.C. 651et seq.); and
(4) The Food Stamp Program ( 7 U.S.C. 2011et seq.).
(b)What information on other public assistance programs must the local agency provide to elderly applicants? The local agency must provide elderly applicants with written information on the following programs, and make referrals, as appropriate:
(1) Supplemental security income benefits provided under Title XVI of the Social Security Act ( 42 U.S.C. 1381et seq.);
(2) Medical assistance provided under Title XIX of the Social Security Act ( 42 U.S.C. 1396et seq.), including medical assistance provided to a qualified Medicare beneficiary ( 42 U.S.C. 1395(p) and 1396d(5)); and
(3) The Food Stamp Program ( 7 U.S.C. 2011et seq.).
(c)Is the value of CSFP benefits counted as income or resources for any other public assistance programs? No. The value of benefits received in CSFP may not be considered as income or resources of participants or their families for any purpose under Federal, State, or local laws, including laws relating to taxation and public assistance programs.
Title 7 published on 10-May-2017 03:42
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 247 after this date.