7 CFR 272.14 - Deceased matching system.
(a) General. Each State agency shall establish a system to verify and ensure that benefits are not issued to individuals who are deceased.
(b) Data source. States shall use the SSA's Death Master File, obtained through the State Verification and Exchange System (SVES) and enter into a computer matching agreement with SSA pursuant to authority to share data contained in 42 U.S.C. 405(r)(3).
(c) Use of match data. States shall provide a system for:
(1) Comparing identifiable information about each household member against information from databases on deceased individuals. States shall make the comparison of matched data at the time of application and no less frequently than once a year.
(2) The reporting of instances where there is a match;
(3) The independent verification of match hits to determine their accuracy;
(4) Notice to the household of match results;
(5) An opportunity for the household to respond to the match prior to an adverse action to deny, reduce, or terminate benefits; and
(6) The establishment and collection of claims as appropriate.
Title 7 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 272 after this date.