7 CFR 3011.4 - Initial requests for records.
(a)Background. The Freedom of Information Act Officer is authorized to:
(1) Grant or deny requests for OFM records,
(2) Make discretionary release of OFM records when the benefit to the public in releasing the document outweighs any harm likely to result from disclosure,
(3) Reduce or waive fees to be charged where determined to be appropriate.
(b)Procedures. This part provides the titles and mailing address of officials who are authorized to release records to the public. The normal working hours of these offices are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., local time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, during which public inspection and copying of certain kinds of records is permitted. Persons wishing to request records from the Office of Finance and Management may do so by submitting each initial written request for OFM records to the appropriate OFM official shown below:
(1) For records held at the Washington, DC Headquarters units, submit initial requests to the Freedom of Information Act Officer, Office of Finance and Management, USDA, 14th and Independence Ave., SW., Room 117-W, Administration Building, Washington, DC 20250-9000.
(2) For records held at the National Finance Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, submit initial requests to the Freedom of Information Act Officer, National Finance Center, OFM, USDA, 13800 Old Gentilly Road, Building 350, (P.O. Box 60,000, New Orleans, LA 70160), New Orleans, Louisiana 70129.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 7 CFR Part 3011.