§ 322.5 General requirements.
(a) All shipments of bees and honeybee germ plasm imported into the United States under this subpart must be shipped directly to the United States from an approved region.
(1) You may import adult honeybees under this subpart only from regions listed in § 322.4(a).
(2) The honeybees must be package bees or queens with attending adult bees.
(c)Honeybee germ plasm. You may import honeybee germ plasm under this subpart only from regions listed in § 322.4(b).
(d)Bees other than honeybees.
(1) You may import live adult bees or live brood and essential nest substrate under this subpart only from regions listed in § 322.4(c).
(2) The live bees or brood must belong to one of the following species:
(i) Bumblebees of the species Bombus impatiens;
(ii) Bumblebees of the species Bombus occidentalis;
(iii) Alfalfa leafcutter bee (Megachile rotundata);
(iv) Blue orchard bee (Osmia lignaria); or
(v) Horn-faced bee (Osmia cornifrons).
(3) If you want to import species of bees other than those listed in paragraph (d)(2) of this section, refer to subpart C of this part, “Importation of Restricted Organisms,” for requirements.