7 CFR 4280.117 - Grant Applications for RES and EEI projects with total project costs of $200,000 and greater.
Grant applications for RES and EEI projects with Total Project Costs of $200,000 and Greater must provide the information specified in this section. This information must be presented in the order shown in paragraphs (a) through (f), as applicable, of this section. Each Applicant is encouraged, but is not required, to self-score the project using the evaluation criteria in § 4280.120 and to submit with their application the total score, including appropriate calculations and attached documentation or specific cross-references to information elsewhere in the application.
(a)Forms and certifications. Each application must contain the forms and certifications specified in paragraphs (a)(1) through (9), as applicable, of this section, except that paragraph (a)(4).
(1) Form SF-424.
(2) Form SF-424C, “Budget Information-Construction Programs.”
(3) Form SF-424D, “Assurances-Construction Programs.”
(6) The Applicant must identify whether or not the Applicant has a known relationship or association with an Agency employee. If there is a known relationship, the Applicant must identify each Agency employee with whom the Applicant has a known relationship.
(7) Certification that the Applicant is a legal entity in good standing (as applicable), and operating in accordance with the laws of the State(s) or Tribe where the Applicant has a place of business.
(8) Certification by the Applicant that the equipment required for the project is available, can be procured and delivered within the proposed project development schedule, and will be installed in conformance with manufacturer's specifications and design requirements. This would not be applicable when equipment is not part of the project.
(1)Type of Applicant. Demonstrate that the Applicant meets the definition of Agricultural Producer or Rural Small Business, including appropriate information necessary to demonstrate that the Applicant meets the Agricultural Producer's percent of gross income derived from agricultural operations or the Rural Small Business' size, as applicable, requirements identified in these definitions. Include a description of the Applicant's farm/ranch/business operation.
(i)Rural Small Business Applicants. Identify the primary North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code applicable to the Applicant's business concern. Provide sufficient information to determine total Annual Receipts and number of employees of the business concern and any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate to demonstrate that the Applicant meets the definition of Small Business according to the time frames specified below.
(A) For Applicant business concerns, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates that have been in operation for 36 months or more, provide Annual Receipts information for the 36 months and the number of employees for the 12 months preceding the date the application is submitted.
(B) For Applicant business concerns, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates that have been in operation for less than 36 months but for at least 12 months, provide Annual Receipts and the number of employees for as long as the business concern, parent, subsidiary, or affiliate has been in operation.
(C) For Applicant business concerns, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates that have been in operation for less than 12 months, provide Annual Receipts and number of employees projections for the applicable entity based upon a typical operating year for a 3-year time period.
(ii)Agricultural Producer Applicants. Provide the gross market value of the Applicant's agricultural products, gross agricultural income of the Applicant, and gross nonfarm income of the Applicant according to the Annual Receipts time frames specified in paragraphs (b)(1)(i)(A) through (C) of this section, as applicable to the length of time that Applicant's agricultural operation has been in operation.
(2)Applicant description. Describe the ownership of the Applicant, including the following information if applicable.
(i)Ownership and control. Describe how the Applicant meets the ownership and control requirements.
(ii)Affiliated companies. For entities (e.g., corporate parents, affiliates, subsidiaries), provide a list of the individual owners with their contact information of those entities. Describe the relationship between the Applicant and these other entities, including management and products exchanged.
(3)Financial information. Financial information is required on the total operation of the Agricultural Producer/Rural Small Business and its parent, subsidiary, or affiliates. All information submitted under this paragraph must be substantiated by authoritative records.
(i)Historical financial statements. Provide historical financial statements prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) for the past 3 years, including income statements and balance sheets. If Agricultural Producers are unable to present this information in accordance with GAAP, they may instead present financial information in the format that is generally required by commercial agriculture lenders. For a Rural Small Business or Agricultural Producer that has been in operation for less than 3 years, provide income statements and balance sheets for as long as the business operation has been in existence.
(ii)Current balance sheet and income statement. Provide a current balance sheet and income statement prepared in accordance with GAAP and dated within 90 days of the application. Agricultural Producers can present financial information in the format that is generally required by commercial agriculture lenders.
(iii)Pro forma financial statements. Provide pro forma balance sheet at start-up of the Agricultural Producer's/Rural Small Business' business operation that reflects the use of the loan proceeds or grant award; and 3 additional years, indicating the necessary start-up capital, operating capital, and short-term credit; and projected cash flow and income statements for 3 years supported by a list of assumptions showing the basis for the projections.
(4)Previous grants and loans. State whether the Applicant has received any grants and/or loans under this subpart. If the Applicant has, identify each such grant and/or loan and describe the progress the Applicant has made on each project for which the grant and/or loan was received, including projected schedules and actual completion dates.
(2) A description of the process that will be used to conduct all procurement transactions to demonstrate compliance with § 4280.124(a)(1).
(3) Describe how the proposed project will have a positive effect on resource conservation (e.g., water, soil, forest), public health (e.g., potable water, air quality), and the environment (e.g., compliance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) renewable fuel standard(s), greenhouse gases, emissions, particulate matter).
(4) Identify the amount of funds and the source(s) the Applicant is proposing to use for the project. Provide written commitments for funds at the time the application is submitted to receive points under this scoring criterion.
(ii) If a third party is providing financial assistance, the Applicant must submit a commitment letter signed by an authorized official of the third party. The letter must be specific to the project, identify the dollar amount and any applicable rates and terms. If the third party is a bank, a letter-of-intent, pre-qualification letter, subject to bank approval, or other underwriting requirements or contingencies are not acceptable. An acceptable condition may be based on the receipt of the REAP grant or an appraisal.
(d)Feasibility Study. If the application is for a RES project with Total Project Costs of $200,000 and Greater, a Feasibility Study must be submitted. The Feasibility Study must be conducted by a Qualified Consultant.
(f)Construction planning and performing development. Each application submitted must be in accordance with § 4280.124 for planning, designing, bidding, contracting, and constructing RES and EEI projects as applicable.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 4280 after this date.
- 7 CFR 4280.123 — Servicing RES and EEI Grants.
- 7 CFR 4280.137 — Application and Documentation.
- 7 CFR 4280.110 — General Applicant, Application, and Funding Provisions.
- 7 CFR 4280.165 — Combined Grant and Guaranteed Loan Funding Requirements.
- 7 CFR 4280.119 — Grant Applications for Res and Eei Projects With Total Project Costs of $80,000 or Less.
- 7 CFR 4280.115 — Grant Applications - General.
- 7 CFR 4280.118 — Grant Applications for RES and EEI Projects With Total Project Costs of Less Than $200,000, but More Than $80,000.
- 7 CFR 4280.116 — Determination of Technical Merit.