7 CFR 4280.122 - Awarding and administering RES and EEI grants.
(a)Letter of Conditions. A Letter of Conditions will be prepared by the Agency, establishing conditions that must be agreed to by the Applicant before any obligation of funds can occur. Upon reviewing the conditions and requirements in the Letter of Conditions, the Applicant must complete, sign, and return the Form RD 1942-46, “Letter of Intent to Meet Conditions,” and Form RD 1940-1, “Request for Obligation of Funds,” to the Agency if they accept the conditions of the grant; or if certain conditions cannot be met, the Applicant may propose alternate conditions to the Agency. The Agency must concur with any changes proposed to the Letter of Conditions by the Applicant before the application will be further processed.
(b)Insurance requirements.Agency approved insurance coverage must be maintained for 3 years after the Agency has approved the final performance report unless this requirement is waived or modified by the Agency in writing. Insurance coverage shall include, but is not limited to:
(1) Property insurance, such as fire and extended coverage, will normally be maintained on all structures and equipment.
(c)Forms and certifications. The forms specified in paragraphs (c)(1) through (8) of this section will be attached to the Letter of Conditions referenced in paragraph (a) of this section. The forms specified in paragraphs (c)(1) through (7) of this section and all of the certifications must be submitted prior to grant approval. The form specified in paragraph (c)(8) of this section, which is to be completed by contractors, does not need to be returned to the Agency, but must be kept on file by the grantee.
(1) Form RD 1942-46, “Letter of Intent to Meet Conditions.”
(2) Form RD 1940-1.
(3) Form AD-1049, “Certification Regarding Drug-Free Workplace Requirements (Grants) Alternative 1-For Grantees Other than Individuals.”
(4) Form SF-LLL, “Disclosure of Lobbying Activities,” if the grant exceeds $100,000 and/or if the grantee has made or agreed to make payment using funds other than Federal appropriated funds to influence or attempt to influence a decision in connection with the application.
(5) Form AD-1047, “Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters-Primary Covered Transactions.”
(6) Form RD 400-1, “Equal Opportunity Agreement,” or successor form.
(7) Form RD 400-4, “Assurance Agreement,” or successor form.
(d)Evidence of Matching Funds and other funds. If an Applicant submitted written evidence of Matching Funds and other funds with the application, the Applicant is responsible for ensuring that such written evidence is still in effect (i.e., not expired) when the grant is executed. If the Applicant did not submit written evidence of Matching Funds and other funds with the application, the Applicant must submit such written evidence that is in effect before the Agency will execute the Grant Agreement. In either case, written evidence of Matching Funds and other funds needed to complete the project must be provided to the Agency before execution of the Grant Agreement and must be in effect (i.e., must not have expired) at the time Grant Agreement is executed.
(e)SAM number. Before the Grant Agreement can be executed, the number and expiration date of the Applicant's SAM number are required.
(f)Grant Agreement. Once the requirements specified in paragraphs (a) through (e) of this section have been met, the Grant Agreement can be executed by the grantee and the Agency. The grantee must abide by all requirements contained in the Grant Agreement, this subpart, and any other applicable Federal statutes or regulations. Failure to follow these requirements might result in termination of the grant and adoption of other available remedies.
(g)Grant approval. The grantee will be sent a copy of the executed Form RD 1940-1, the approved scope of work, and the Grant Agreement.
(h)Power Purchase Agreement. Where applicable, the grantee shall provide to the Agency a copy of the executed Power Purchase Agreement within 12 months from the date that the Grant Agreement is executed, unless otherwise approved by the Agency.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 7 CFR Part 4280 after this date.
- 7 CFR 4280.119 — Grant Applications for Res and Eei Projects With Total Project Costs of $80,000 or Less.
- 7 CFR 4280.118 — Grant Applications for RES and EEI Projects With Total Project Costs of Less Than $200,000, but More Than $80,000.
- 7 CFR 4280.195 — Awarding and Administering Energy Audit and REDA Grants.
Title 7 published on 2015-08-22.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.