7 CFR 771.4 - Eligibility requirements.
(a) An eligible applicant must:
(1) Meet all requirements prescribed by APHIS to qualify for cost-share grant funds as determined by APHIS, (FSA will accept the determination by APHIS as to an organization's qualification);
(2) Have the appropriate charter and/or legal authority as a non-profit corporation or as a State organization specifically organized to operate the boll weevil eradication program in any State, biological, or geographic region of any State in which it operates;
(3) Possess the legal authority to enter into contracts, including debt instruments;
(4) Operate in an area in which producers have approved a referendum authorizing producer assessments and in which an active eradication or post-eradication program is underway or scheduled to begin no later than the fiscal year following the fiscal year in which the application is submitted;
(5) Have the legal authority to pledge producer assessments as security for loans from FSA.
(b) Individual producers are not eligible for loans.