7 CFR 8.3 - Definitions.
4-H Club Name and Emblem as used in this part means the emblem consisting of a green four-leaf clover with stem and the letter “H” in white or gold on each leaflet, or any insignia in colorable imitation thereof, or the words, “4-H Club,” “4-H Clubs” or any combination of these or other words or characters in colorable imitation thereof.
Cooperative Extension Service, as used in this part includes the entire Cooperative Extension System consisting of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, United States Department of Agriculture; the State Cooperative Extension Services; and the County Cooperative Extension Services.
County Cooperative Extension Service as used in this part refers to a county Extension office or equivalent Extension office operating under a State Cooperative Extension Service.
National Institute of Food and Agriculture as used in this part means the Federal agency within the United States Department of Agriculture that administers Federal agricultural cooperative extension programs.
State Cooperative Extension Service as used in this part means an organization established at the land-grant college or university under the Smith-Lever Act of May 8, 1914, as amended (7 U.S.C. 341-349); section 209(b) of the Act of October 26, 1974, as amended (D.C. Code, through section 31-1719(b)); or section 1444 of the National Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching Policy Act of 1977, as amended (7 U.S.C. 3221).