§ 915.141Handling avocados for commercial processing into products.
(a) No person shall handle any avocados for commercial processing into products unless prior to such handling such person notifies the Avocado Administrative Committee of the proposed handling and provides the committee with the name of the intended processor. If the intended processor's name is not on the Avocado Administrative Committee's current list of approved manufacturers of avocado products, as prescribed in paragraph (b) of this section, or if on the list is suspended, such person shall furnish the committee, prior to each such handling, with a statement executed by the intended processor that the avocados will be used for the stated purpose only.
(b) Any person who desires to have his name placed on the Avocado Administrative Committee's list of approved manufacturers of avocado products shall, prior to such listing, submit to the Avocado Administrative Committee an application containing the following information:
(1) Name and address of applicant;
(2) Location of the facilities for commercial processing into products;
(3) Proposed type of avocado product or products to be manufactured from avocados and the proposed commercial process of preservation;
(4) Description of facilities for commercial processing into products;
(5) Quantity of avocados used in commercial processing into products during the previous fiscal year and estimate of the quantity of avocados to be similarly processed during the current fiscal year; (6) expected source of avocados for commercial processing into products; (7) method of transporting avocados and unloading point; (8) Avocado Administrative Committeehandler certificate of registration number, if any; (9) a statement that the avocados obtained for commercial processing into products will be used for that purpose only and will not be resold or disposed of in fresh fruit channels; and (10) an agreement to submit such reports as are required by the Avocado Administrative Committee with approval of the Secretary.
(c) Upon receipt of an application for such listing, the Avocado Administrative Committee shall make such investigation as it deems appropriate, and if it appears that the applicant may reasonably be expected to use avocados covered by the application in accordance with, and to comply with, the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section, it shall place the person's name on Avocado Administrative Committee's current list of approved manufacturers of avocado products.
(d) If it is determined by the committee from the available information that the applicant is not entitled to such listing he shall be so informed by written notice stating why his application was denied.
(e) Any such listing pursuant to paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section may be canceled by the committee under circumstances which would have justified denial of this application.
(f) The committee shall suspend the listing of any approved manufacturer who fails to submit reports as prescribed pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (b) of this section. The committee shall advise such manufacturer in writing of the pending suspension and shall specify the time such suspension is to become effective. Upon determination by the committee that the manufacturer has satisfied by such effective time the requirements with respect to the submission of reports the committee shall not make such suspension effective. However, if the suspension is in effect, the committee shall terminate such suspension at such time as it determines that the manufacturer has satisfied the requirements with respect to the submission of reports.
[36 FR 1191, Jan. 26, 1971]
Title 7 published on 2014-01-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 7.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.