7 CFR Subpart B - Subpart B—Marketing Assistance Loans
- § 1421.100 Applicability.
- § 1421.101 Maturity dates.
- § 1421.102 Adjustment of basic loan rates.
- § 1421.103 Authorized storage.
- § 1421.104 Making MALs.
- § 1421.105 Farm-stored MALs.
- § 1421.106 Warehouse-stored MAL collateral.
- § 1421.107 Warehouse receipts.
- § 1421.108 Transfers and reconcentrations.
- § 1421.109 Personal liability of the producer.
- § 1421.111 MAL settlement.
- § 1421.112 Foreclosure.
- § 1421.113 Recourse MALs.
(a) For any outstanding marketing assistance loan, a producer may purchase a commodity certificate and exchange that commodity certificate for the marketing assistance loan collateral.
(b) The exchange rate is the lessor of:
(1) The loan rate and charges, plus interest applicable to the loan; or
(2) The prevailing world market price, as determined by CCC, or the alternative repayment rate for all other commodities, as determined by CCC.
(c) Commodity certificate exchanges may not be used when locking in a repayment rate under § 1421.10.
(d) Producers must request a commodity certificate exchange on or before loan maturity in person at the FSA county office that disbursed the marketing assistance loan by:
(1) Completing a written request on the form or providing the information as required by CCC;
(2) Purchasing a commodity certificate for the exact amount required to exchange the marketing assistance loan collateral; or
(3) Immediately exchanging the purchased commodity certificate for the outstanding loan collateral.
(e) Loan gains realized from a commodity certificate exchange are not subject to AGI provisions specified in part 1400 of this chapter.