8 CFR 239.1 - Notice to appear.
(a) Issuance of notice to appear. Any immigration officer, or supervisor thereof, performing an inspection of an arriving alien at a port-of-entry may issue a notice to appear to such alien. In addition, the following officers, or officers acting in such capacity, may issue a notice to appear:
(1) District directors (except foreign);
(2) Deputy district directors (except foreign);
(3) Chief patrol agents;
(4) Deputy chief patrol agents;
(5) Assistant chief patrol agents;
(6) Patrol agents in charge;
(7) Assistant patrol agents in charge;
(8) Field operations supervisors;
(9) Special operations supervisors;
(10) Supervisory border patrol agents;
(11) Service center directors;
(12) Deputy service center directors;
(13) Assistant service center directors for examinations;
(14) Supervisory district adjudications officers;
(15) Supervisory asylum officers;
(16) Officers in charge (except foreign);
(17) Assistant officers in charge (except foreign);
(18) Special agents in charge;
(19) Deputy special agents in charge;
(20) Associate special agents in charge;
(21) Assistant special agents in charge;
(22) Resident agents in charge;
(23) Supervisory special agents;
(24) Directors of investigations;
(25) District directors for interior enforcement;
(26) Deputy or assistant district directors for interior enforcement;
(27) Director of detention and removal;
(28) Field office directors;
(29) Deputy field office directors;
(30) Supervisory deportation officers;
(31) Supervisory detention and deportation officers;
(32) Directors or officers in charge of detention facilities;
(33) Directors of field operations;
(34) Deputy or assistant directors of field operations;
(35) District field officers;
(36) Port directors;
(37) Deputy port directors;
(38) Supervisory service center adjudications officers;
(39) Unit Chief, Law Enforcement Support Center;
(40) Section Chief, Law Enforcement Support Center; or
- 8 CFR 236.2 — Confined Aliens, Incompetents, and Minors.
- 8 CFR 1239.1 — Notice to Appear.
- 8 CFR 245.15 — Adjustment of Status of Certain Haitian Nationals Under the Haitian Refugee Immigrant Fairness Act of 1998 (HRIFA).
- 8 CFR 238.1 — Proceedings Under Section 238(b) of the Act.
- 8 CFR 1239.2 — Cancellation of Notice to Appear.