8 CFR 280.53 - Civil monetary penalties inflation adjustment.
(a)Statutory authority. In accordance with the requirements of the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990, Public Law 101-410, 104 Stat. 890, as amended by the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015, Public Law 114-74, Sec. 701, 129 Stat. 599, the civil monetary penalties listed in paragraph (b) of this section are adjusted as provided in paragraph (b).
(b)Adjustment of penalties. For violations occurring on or before November 2, 2015, the penalty amount prior to adjustment applies. For violations occurring after November 2, 2015, the listed penalties are adjusted as follows:
(1) Section 231(g) of the Act, Penalties for non-compliance with arrival and departure manifest requirements for passengers, crewmembers, or occupants transported on commercial vessels or aircraft arriving to or departing from the United States: From $1,312 to $1,333.
(2) Section 234 of the Act, Penalties for non-compliance with landing requirements at designated ports of entry for aircraft transporting aliens: From $3,563 to $3,621.
(3) Section 240B(d) of the Act, Penalties for failure to depart voluntarily: From $1,502 minimum/$7,512 maximum to $1,527 minimum/$7,635 maximum.
(4) Section 243(c)(1)(A) of the Act, Penalties for violations of removal orders relating to aliens transported on vessels or aircraft, under section 241(d) of the Act, or for costs associated with removal under section 241(e) of the Act: From $3,005 to $3,054;
(5) Penalties for failure to remove alien stowaways under section 241(d)(2): From $7,512 to $7,635.
(6) Section 251(d) of the Act, Penalties for failure to report an illegal landing or desertion of alien crewmen, and for each alien not reported on arrival or departure manifest or lists required in accordance with section 251 of the Act: From $356 to $362; and penalties for use of alien crewmen for longshore work in violation of section 251(d) of the Act: From $8,908 to $9,054.
(7) Section 254(a) of the Act, Penalties for failure to control, detain, or remove alien crewmen: From $891 minimum/$5,345 maximum to $906 minimum/$5,432 maximum.
(8) Section 255 of the Act, Penalties for employment on passenger vessels of aliens afflicted with certain disabilities: From $1,782 to $1,811.
(9) Section 256 of the Act, Penalties for discharge of alien crewmen: From $2,672 minimum/$5,345 maximum to $2,716 minimum/$5,432 maximum.
(11) Section 271(a) of the Act, Penalties for failure to prevent the unauthorized landing of aliens: From $5,345 to $5,432.
(15) Section 275(b) of the Act, Penalties for improper entry: From $75 minimum/$376 maximum to $76 minimum/$382 maximum, for each entry or attempted entry.
Title 8 published on 06-Apr-2017 03:19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 8 CFR Part 280 after this date.