8 CFR 280.53 - Civil Monetary Penalties Inflation Adjustment.
(a)Statutory authority. In accordance with the requirements of the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act of 1990, Public Law 101-410, 104 Stat. 890, as amended by the Federal Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment Act Improvements Act of 2015, Public Law 114-74, Sec. 701, 129 Stat. 599, the civil monetary penalties listed in paragraph (b) of this section are adjusted as provided in this paragraph (b).
(b)Adjustment of penalties. For violations occurring on or before November 2, 2015, the penalty amount prior to adjustment applies. For violations occurring after November 2, 2015, the listed penalties are adjusted as follows:
(1) Section 231(g) of the Act, Penalties for non-compliance with arrival and departure manifest requirements for passengers, crewmembers, or occupants transported on commercial vessels or aircraft arriving to or departing from the United States: From $1,100 to $1,312.
(2) Section 234 of the Act, Penalties for non-compliance with landing requirements at designated ports of entry for aircraft transporting aliens: From $3,200 to $3,563.
(3) Section 240B(d) of the Act, Penalties for failure to depart voluntarily: From $1,100 minimum/$5,500 maximum to $1,502 minimum/$7,512 maximum.
(4) Section 243(c)(1)(A) of the Act, Penalties for violations of removal orders relating to aliens transported on vessels or aircraft, under section 241(d) of the Act, or for costs associated with removal under section 241(e) of the Act: From $2,200 to $3,005;
(5) Penalties for failure to remove alien stowaways under section 241(d)(2): From $5,500 to $7,512.
(6) Section 251(d) of the Act, Penalties for failure to report an illegal landing or desertion of alien crewmen, and for each alien not reported on arrival or departure manifest or lists required in accordance with section 251 of the Act: From $320 to $356; and penalties for use of alien crewmen for longshore work in violation of section 251(d) of the Act: From $7,500 to $8,908.
(7) Section 254(a) of the Act, Penalties for failure to control, detain, or remove alien crewmen: From $750 minimum/$4,300 maximum to $891 minimum/$5,345 maximum.
(8) Section 255 of the Act, Penalties for employment on passenger vessels of aliens afflicted with certain disabilities: From $1,100 to $1,782.
(9) Section 256 of the Act, Penalties for discharge of alien crewmen: From $1,500 minimum/$4,300 maximum to $2,672 minimum/$5,345 maximum.
(11) Section 271(a) of the Act, Penalties for failure to prevent the unauthorized landing of aliens: From $4,300 to $5,345.
(15) Section 275(b) of the Act, Penalties for improper entry: From $55 minimum/$275 maximum to $75 minimum/$376 maximum, for each entry or attempted entry.
Title 8 published on 2016-09-20.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 8 CFR Part 280.