9 CFR 205.101 - Certification—request and processing.
prev | next
(a) To obtain certification of a system, a written request for certification must be filed together with such documents as show that the system complies with the Section. If such material is voluminous, a summary, table of contents, and index must accompany it as necessary to facilitate review.
(3) Identify where an EFS, amendment thereto, or continuation thereof, will be filed and, if elsewhere than with the system operator, explain how and in what form the system operator will receive information needed to compile and update the master list;
(4) Explain the method for recording the date and hour of filing of an EFS, amendment thereto, or continuation thereof;
(5) Explain how the master list will be compiled, including the method and form of storage and arrangement of information, explain the method and form of retrieval of information from the master list, the method and form of distribution of portions of the master list to registrants as required by subsection (c)(2)(E), and the method and form of furnishing of information orally with written confirmation as required by subsection (c)(2)(F) (details of computer hardware and software need not be furnished but the results it will produce must be explained);
(6) Explain how the list of registrants will be compiled, including identification of where and how they will register, what information they must supply in connection with registration, and the method and form of storage and retrieval of such information (details of computer hardware and software need not be furnished but the results it will produce must be explained);
(9) Show how the system will interpret the term “crop year” and how it will classify as to crop year an EFS not showing crop year;
(10) Show what fee will be charged and explain how the costs of the system will be covered if not by such fee and the general revenue of the State;
(11) If a unique identifier will be used in the system, explain how the unique identifier will be selected and how it will be used by the system, including, but not limited to, how lists will be organized, and how searches may be performed, using the unique identifier.
(i) All State legislation or other legal authority under which the system is created and operated, and the system operator is designated;
(ii) All regulations, rules, and requirements issued under such legislation or other legal authority and governing operation of the system, designation of the system operator, and use of the system by members of the public; and
(c) Any such request and attachments must be filed in triplicate (one copy for public inspection, a second copy for use in GIPSA, and a third copy for use in the Office of the General Counsel, USDA). All three copies must be received in the headquarters of thePackers and Stockyards Program, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA), USDA, Washington, DC 20250.
(d) A refusal to certify such a system, if any, will be explained in writing. Reconsideration of such a refusal must be requested in writing with specification of errors believed to have been made.
(e) To make changes to an existing certified central filing system, including changes necessitated or made possible by amendments to the Section, a written request to amend the existing certified central filing system must be filed together with such documents as are necessary to show that the system complies with the Section. The request must contain relevant new information consistent with the requirements specified elsewhere in this section.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 0580-0016)
Title 9 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 9 CFR Part 205.