9 CFR 56.10 - Initial State response and containment plan.
(a) In order for poultry owners within a State to be eligible for indemnity for 100 percent of eligible costs under § 56.3(b), the State in which the poultry participate in the Plan must have in place an initial State response and containment plan that has been approved by APHIS. The initial State response and containment plan must be developed by the Official State Agency. In States where the Official State Agency is different than the Cooperating State Agency, the Cooperating State Agency must also participate in the development of the plan. The plan must be administered by the Cooperating State Agency of the relevant State. This plan must include:
(1) Provisions for a standing emergency disease management committee, regular meetings, and exercises, including coordination with any tribal governments that may be affected;
(3) Provisions for adequate diagnostic resources;
(4) Detailed, specific procedures for initial handling and investigation of suspected cases of H5/H7 LPAI;
(5) Detailed, specific procedures for reporting test results to APHIS. These procedures must be developed after appropriate consultation with poultry producers in the State and must provide for the reporting only of confirmed cases of H5/H7 LPAI in accordance with § 146.13 of this chapter;
(6) Detailed, strict quarantine measures for presumptive and confirmed index cases;
(7) Provisions for developing flock plans for infected and exposed flocks;
(8) Detailed plans for disposal of infected flocks, including preexisting agreements with regulatory agencies and detailed plans for carcass disposal, disposal sites, and resources for conducting disposal, and detailed plans for disposal of materials that come into contact with poultry infected with or exposed to H5/H7 LPAI;
(10) Provisions for appropriate control/monitoring zones, contact surveys, and movement restrictions;
(11) Provisions for monitoring activities in control zones;
(12) If vaccination is considered as an option, a written plan for use in place with proper controls and provisions for APHIS approval of any use of vaccine;
(14) Public awareness and education programs regarding avian influenza.
(b) If a State is designated a U.S. Avian Influenza Monitored State, Layers under § 146.24(a) of this chapter or a U.S. Avian Influenza Monitored State, Turkeys under § 146.44(a) of this chapter, it will lose that status during any outbreak of H5/H7 LPAI and for 90 days after the destruction and disposal of all infected or exposed birds and cleaning and disinfection of all affected premises are completed.
Title 9 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 9 CFR Part 56 after this date.
- 9 CFR 145.45 — Terminology and Classification; Compartments.
- 9 CFR 56.5 — Destruction and Disposal of Poultry and Cleaning and Disinfection of Premises, Conveyances, and Materials.
- 9 CFR 145.84 — Terminology and Classification; Compartments.
- 9 CFR 56.4 — Determination of Indemnity Amounts.
- 9 CFR 56.2 — Cooperation With States.
- 9 CFR 145.74 — Terminology and Classification; Compartments.