9 CFR 92.4 - Reestablishment of a region's disease-free status.
(a) Interim designation. If a region recognized as free of a specified animal disease in this subchapter experiences an outbreak of that disease, APHIS will take immediate action to prohibit or restrict imports of animals and animal products from that region. The prohibitions or restrictions may be imposed on only a portion of the region previously recognized as free of a disease. In these cases, APHIS will inform the public as soon as possible through notice in the Federal Register of the basis for its decision to prohibit or restrict imports from the smaller area of that region previously recognized as free.
(b) Reassessment of the disease situation.
(1) Following removal of disease-free status from all or part of a region, APHIS may reassess the disease situation in that region to determine whether it is necessary to continue the interim prohibitions or restrictions. In reassessing a region's disease status, APHIS will take into consideration the standards of the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) for reinstatement of disease-free status, as well as all relevant information obtained through public comments or collected by or submitted to APHIS through other means.
(2) Prior to taking any action to relieve prohibitions or restrictions, APHIS will make information regarding its reassessment of the region's disease status available to the public for comment. APHIS will announce the availability of this information in the Federal Register.
(c) Determination. Based on the reassessment conducted in accordance with paragraph (b) of this section, including comments regarding the reassessment information, APHIS will take one of the following actions:
(3) Publish another document in the Federal Register for comment.
- 9 CFR 94.10 — Swine From Regions Where Classical Swine Fever Exists.
- 9 CFR 94.1 — Regions Where Rinderpest or Foot-And-Mouth Disease Exists; Importations Prohibited.
- 9 CFR 93.301 — General Prohibitions; Exceptions.
- 9 CFR 94.12 — Pork and Pork Products From Regions Where Swine Vesicular Disease Exists.
- 9 CFR 93.600 — Importation of Dogs.
- 9 CFR 93.405 — Health Certificate for Ruminants.
- 9 CFR 93.505 — Certificate for Swine.
- 9 CFR 94.8 — Pork and Pork Products From Regions Where African Swine Fever Exists or Is Reasonably Believed to Exist.
- 9 CFR 93.308 — Quarantine Requirements.
- 9 CFR 94.9 — Pork and Pork Products From Regions Where Classical Swine Fever Exists.