Ariz. Admin. Code § R6-6-1501 - Definitions
Current through Register Vol. 27, No. 52, December 24, 2021
The following definitions apply in this Article:
1. "AHCCCS provider type" means the descriptive category of service types assigned to a provider by AHCCCS during the registration process for individuals or agencies providing services to ALTCS clients.
2. "Applicant" means an agency or individual that has applied to the Division to become certified or to renew a certificate as an HCBS service provider.
3. "Certified instructor" means an individual who has a current certificate to provide instruction for CPR, First Aid, or client intervention techniques.
4. "Client intervention techniques" means methods which provide an individual with defensive skills for dealing with aggressive behaviors and is designed to reduce the chance of physical injury and property destruction and to prevent reinforcement of those aggressive behaviors.
5. "Compliance audit" means an examination of service provider records and interviews which the Division conducts to assess compliance with HCBS certification.
6. "Corrective action plan" means a specific activity prescribed by the Division which directs the service provider to remedy violations of HCBS certification requirements within a specific period of time.
7. "Direct services" means services provided specifically for the benefit of an individual client.
8. "Direct care" means those services provided to a client which result in attention to personal needs and supervision of the client.
9. "HCBS" or "Home and Community-based Services" means one or more of the following services provided to clients:
a. Attendant Care,
b. Day Treatment and Training for Children or Adults,
d. Home Health Aide,
e. Home Health Nurse,
f. Hospice Care,
h. Non-Emergency Transportation,
i. Occupational Therapy,
j. Personal Care,
k. Physical Therapy,
l. Respiratory Therapy,
m. Respite services,
n. Speech/Hearing Therapy,
o. Supported Employment,
p. Other comparable services as approved by the AHCCCS Director.
10. "HCBS certificate" means the document the Division issues to a service provider or applicant as evidence the service provider has met the Home and Community-based Service standards in this Article.
11. "HCBS certification" means the process by which the Division ensures that an applicant or service provider meets the standards in this Article for Home and Community-based Services.
12. "Housekeeping" means providing assistance in the performance of activities related to routine household maintenance at a client's residence but does not include any direct care for the client.
13. "Immediate relative" means natural parent, stepparent, adoptive parent, natural child, natural sibling, adoptive child, adoptive sibling, stepchild, stepbrother, stepsister, spouse, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law.
14. "Medicare certified" means having received Medicare certification through the Arizona Department of Health Services.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.