Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. R. 110-7-2-.06 - Awarding of Grant Funds
(1) Grants will be available up to $500,000 per multi-county or regional economic development project per year.
(2) Additional public and/or private sector matching funds are required to receive a RAP award based on the following:
(A) Applicants for facilities and construction grants in local governments within:
(i) Tier 1 counties or for joint development authorities including a Tier 1 county are not required to match the requested grant amount;
(ii) Tier 2 counties or for joint development authorities including a Tier 2 county must demonstrate that at least one half (50%) of the grant amount requested will be contributed to the total project cost by other sources;
(iii) Tier 3 counties must demonstrate that an equal or greater amount of the grant amount requested will be contributed to the total project cost by other sources.
(B) All applicants for grants for regional, multi-county activities that do not involve construction must demonstrate that at least one half (50%) of the grant amount requested will be contributed to the total project cost by other sources.
(3) Match is defined as public or private funds contributed or committed to the project for which the applicant is requesting assistance. Commitments of funds contingent upon the receipt of grant funds under this program may be counted toward the match requirement.
(4) Once selected for funding, grant funds will be made available by the Department through a grant award statement incorporating by reference the approved final application and adding any conditions that may be necessary or appropriate. As part of the grant award conditions, recipients must file quarterly progress reports on the performance of the project, in a format prescribed by the Department, for future use by the Department.
(5) The Department may approve a grant subject to certain general or special conditions that will be incorporated into the grant award document. The Department reserves the right to change General Conditions from time to time as appropriate. Because of the limited amount of funds available, the Department may also award an amount less than the amount requested in the application. Applicants will have thirty (30) days from the date of award to accept the special conditions and/or the reduced grant amount. The Department reserves the right to shorten this period during the last quarter of each fiscal year. If the applicant fails to accept the General Conditions, special conditions or lower grant amount within the required period, the grant award may be unilaterally withdrawn by the Department.
(6) The Department will provide recipients with application guidelines, specific instructions, and forms to be used for drawdown of funds under the grant award.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.