Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. R. 142-1-.01 - Organization
All rules and regulations of the Organized Crime Prevention Council shall be administered by the Director, Organized Crime Prevention Council, whose address is P.O. Box 1456, Atlanta, Georgia 30371.
(a) Director. The Director is appointed by the Council and serves at the pleasure of the Council. The Director shall employ such other professional, technical and clerical personnel as he deems necessary to carry out the Council's duties and responsibilities.
(b) Council Membership. The Organized Crime Prevention Council shall be composed of eight (8) members appointed by the Governor, who shall be, by virtue of their training or experience, knowledgeable in the prevention and control of organized crime, and one of whom must be a member of the Board of Public Safety.
1. Terms of Membership. The Governor shall make all appointments and the members shall serve at his pleasure. The initial terms for the members shall begin July 1, 1981.
2. Appointment to Fill a Vacancy. In the event of death, resignation, disqualification or removal of any member of the Council, the Governor shall fill the vacancy in the manner as other member appointments.
(c) Council Officers. There shall be elected from the general membership of the Council a Chairman and a Vice Chairman to serve at the pleasure of the Governor or until their successors have been duly elected. The Secretary of the Council shall be the Director of the Organized Crime Prevention Council.
1. Chairman. The powers and duties of the Chairman shall be as follows:
(i) Preside at all meetings of the Organized Crime Prevention Council and conduct said meetings in an orderly and impartial manner so as to permit a free and full discussion by the membership of such matters as may be before the Council. He shall have the same voting rights as a regular member;
(ii) Establish and appoint any special committees or subcommittees as may be deemed necessary by the Council;
(iii) Select and so designate the Chairman of each committee or subcommittee;
(iv) Designate special advisory committees composed of other than regular members of the Council for the purpose of providing information for the use of the Council;
(v) Serve as an ex officio member of all committees.
2. Vice Chairman. The powers and duties of the Vice Chairman shall be as follows:
(i) Perform all duties of the Chairman in the absence of the Chairman or in the event of the inability of the Chairman to act;
(ii) Have the same voting rights as any regular member;
(iii) Perform such other duties as the Council may delegate to him.
3. Executive Committee.
(i) Executive Committee Membership. The Executive Committee shall be composed of the Chairman, the Vice Chairman and one at-large member named by the Chairman.
(ii) Powers and Duties. The Executive Committee will meet at the call of the Chairman and shall have the same functions, responsibilities and authorities as those of the full Council when the latter is not in session.
(d) Meetings. The Council shall meet regularly four times each year at the call of the Chairman. Special meetings may be called by the Chairman when deemed necessary and in the best interest of the Council. Committees shall meet at the call of their chairmen.
1. Notice. No regular or special meeting of the Council, committee or subcommittee shall be held without notice to all members at least five (5) days prior to the date of such meeting.
2. Authority. No action of the Council shall be binding unless it is duly acted upon at a regular or special meeting of the Council or Executive Committee of the Council. No member shall be qualified to speak for or bind the Council unless specific authorization has been granted.
3. Quorum. A majority of the Council shall constitute a quorum at any regular or special meeting.
4. Vote. A majority vote of those Council members present is required for the approval of any action of the Council unless otherwise provided therefor.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.