Iowa Admin. Code r. 641-102.1 - Application to amend records

(1) To amend a birth certificate, application may be made only by one of the parents, the guardian, or the registrant if of legal age.
(2) To amend a death or fetal death certificate, application shall be made by the next of kin or the funeral director or person acting as such. Corrections or amendments to the medical certification of cause of death shall be requested by the attending physician or the medical examiner The physician or medical examiner may by affidavit amend the cause of death within 90 days following the date of death or fetal death. Any amendment after 90 days following death or fetal death can be made only by court order Provided, however, that the cause of death may be amended at any point upon submission of a report of autopsy findings.
(3) To amend a marriage record, application shall be made by the parties married, the officiant, or by the next of kin.
(4) To amend a divorce record, a certification must be received from the clerk of court maintaining the record from which the report was prepared stating in what manner such record has been amended. Those items appearing on the divorce record which are not a part of the divorce decree may be corrected or amended either by query or upon application of the parties to the divorce or their legal representatives.


Iowa Admin. Code r. 641-102.1

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.