RULE 641-39.1 - Purpose and scope
RULE 641-39.1. Purpose and scope
(1) All persons possessing radiation machines within the state shall be registered in accordance with this chapter, except as specifically exempted.
(2) No person shall receive, possess, use, transfer, own, or acquire radioactive material except as authorized in a specific or general license issued pursuant to this chapter or as otherwise provided in these rules.
(3) All references to any Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) in this chapter are those in effect as of July 22, 2020.
(4) In addition to the requirements of this chapter, all registrants are subject to the requirements of 641-Chapters 38 and 40. Furthermore, registrants engaged in healing arts are subject to the requirements of 641-Chapters 41 and 42; registrants engaged in industrial/nonmedical radiographic operations are subject to the requirements of 641-Chapter 45.
(5) In areas under exclusive federal jurisdiction, nothing in these rules applies to the extent that persons are subject to regulation by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) or other federal agencies.(Amended by IAB June 11, 2014/Volume XXXVI, Number 25, effective 7/16/2014. Amended by IAB April 11, 2018/Volume XL, Number 21, effective 5/16/2018 Amended by IAB June 17, 2020/Volume XLII, Number 26, effective 7/22/2020)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.