Iowa Admin. Code r. 661-82.104 - Inaccuracies in criminal history record

If an individual believes inaccuracies exist in the individual's criminal history record, notice may be filed with the division outlining the alleged inaccuracies and should be accompanied by any available supporting data. In all instances where a notice is so filed, the division shall contact the appropriate arresting agencies, courts of record or institutions to verify accuracy of the criminal history record. Any necessary changes shall be made to the individual's criminal history record. Any agency that previously received a copy of the inaccurate record shall be so notified with a corrected copy. A final report shall be made to the individual who filed a notice of correction within 20 days of said filing. If, after notice is filed and the division makes its final report, the individual is still of the opinion that inaccuracies exist within the record, an appeal of the final decision of the division to the Polk County district court may be made.


Iowa Admin. Code r. 661-82.104
ARC 8936B, IAB 7/14/10, effective 9/1/10

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.