Kan. Admin. Regs. § 110-21-1 - Definitions
For the purposes of these regulations and the act, the following terms and definitions shall apply:
(a) "Adequate health insurance coverage" means health insurance that is offered by a company to all full-time employees within the first 180 days of their employment and provides for the following:
(1) At least 50 percent of the premium paid by the employer;
(2) coverage of basic hospital care and procedures;
(3) coverage of physician care;
(4) coverage for mental health care;
(5) coverage for substance abuse treatment;
(6) coverage for prescription drugs; and
(7) coverage for prenatal and postnatal care.
(b) "Administrative or back office" means a business facility that meets the following requirements:
(1) Is operated by a company;
(2) provides ancillary support services to the company, but is not directly engaged in the company's primary function;
(3) generates only de minimis outside revenue at the facility; and
(4) is capable of being located anywhere geographically.
(c) "Agreement" means an agreement entered into between the secretary and a qualified company as authorized by the act.
(d) "Agreement date" means the date the department of commerce receives a company's application.
(e) "Applicant" means a company that has submitted an application to the secretary for determination of eligibility under the act.
(f) "Base employment level" means the average number of full-time employees in addition to any part-time employees calculated as full-time equivalent positions working 2,080 hours annually that existed in Kansas in the 12 months before the agreement date.
(g) "Benefit period" means the period of time during which a qualified company shall be authorized to retain withholding taxes for PEAK-eligible jobs.
(h) "Business facility" means each physical location in Kansas where any located, relocated, or expanded functions will be performed.
(i) "Effective date" means the date the benefit period commences. The effective date shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Be established by the qualified company in writing;
(2) be within one year of the date of the agreement; and
(3) begin on the first day of a calendar quarter.
(j) "Full-time employment" means an average of at least 35 hours per week for 52 consecutive weeks.
(k) "Functions" means the activities of a business facility, office, department, or other operation, including a unit or production line.
(l) "Headquarters" means the location of a business facility that meets the following requirements:
(1) Physically houses principal officers of the business;
(2) is where primary direction, management, and administrative support for company operations are provided;
(3) serves multiple company work sites internationally, nationally, or regionally within the United States;
(4) generates only de minimis outside revenue; and
(5) is capable of being located anywhere geographically.
(m) "Located or relocated functions" means functions that are being initially located or relocated to Kansas.
(n) "PEAK" means promoting employment across Kansas.
(o) "PEAK benefits" means the payroll withholding taxes authorized to be retained by a qualified company.
(p) "PEAK-eligible jobs" means PEAK jobs that are being paid at least the county median wage for the county in which the business facility is located and for which PEAK benefits are received.
(q) "PEAK job" means an employee-occupied job performing a located, relocated, or expanded function. PEAK jobs are used to satisfy program eligibility requirements including minimum jobs and wage standard comparison.
(r) "PEAK jobs' median wage" means the middle wage of the total number of wages that divides the PEAK jobs into two equal groups, half having wages above the median wage and half having wages below the median wage. This term is used to determine initial eligibility for benefits, continued eligibility, and extended benefit periods.
(s) "Wages" has the meaning specified in K.S.A. 79-3295 and amendments thereto.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.