Kan. Admin. Regs. § 110-21-2 - Eligibility and application requirements
(a) Companies shall submit applications and any supporting documentation to the secretary to determine eligibility for benefits. In addition to meeting the requirements in the act, each applicant shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The application shall be submitted before any position for which PEAK benefits are requested may be filled.
(2) The PEAK jobs' median wage shall meet or exceed the annual county median wage as reported by the department of labor in its annual report for the previous year for the county in which the business facility is located on the date the department receives the application.
(3) The company shall locate, relocate, or expand the minimum number of required jobs within two years from the agreement date.
(4) If an applicant applies as a headquarters, the business facility shall meet the definition of a headquarters.
(5) If applicant is applying as an administrative or back office, the business facility shall meet the definition of an administrative or back office.
(b) The application shall include the following:
(1) The applicant's legal name and address;
(2) The applicant's North American industry classification system (NAICS) category;
(3) the federal employer identification number (FEIN);
(4) the physical address, contact information, NAICS category, and FEIN for all related entities, including the following:
(A) The corporate headquarters;
(B) the parent company;
(C) the business facility; and
(D) any existing Kansas work sites;
(5) the type of ownership structure for the business facility;
(6) a description of the function to be located, relocated, or expanded, including evidence of relocation satisfactory to the secretary;
(7) a description of the company's products or services and its customers;
(8) the hire or start date in Kansas for PEAK jobs;
(9) the identification of any third-party legal employer;
(10) the projected total number of PEAK jobs, including how many of those jobs are PEAK-eligible jobs;
(11) the projected hiring schedule of PEAK jobs over five years;
(12) the median wage of the PEAK jobs;
(13) the total project capital investment, including leases;
(14) the base employment level if relocating to or expanding at an existing Kansas company or work site;
(15) the job title, description, number of positions, Kansas start or hire date, wages per hour, number of hours worked per week, and total annual wages for PEAK jobs;
(16) if applicable, information regarding whether the applicant is performing either of the following:
(A) Locating, relocating, or expanding a company's headquarters; or
(B) locating, relocating, or expanding an administrative or back office;
(17) certification that the applicant is "for-profit" unless applying as a headquarters or an administrative or back office;
(18) certification that the applicant will provide adequate health insurance coverage;
(19) certification that the applicant is not under the protection of the federal bankruptcy code;
(20) certification that the applicant is not delinquent on any federal, state, or local taxes;
(21) if applicable, payroll service company information as requested;
(22) an ownership disclosure and signature statement;
(23) the written authorization to inspect company records for verification of employment and wages;
(24) the certification by a company officer that the information provided in the application is true and accurate; and
(25) any other relevant information that the secretary deems necessary.
(c) If the application is approved by the secretary, the qualified company shall enter into an agreement with the secretary before receiving benefits.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.