Kan. Admin. Regs. § 22-5-3 - Reporting of fire losses by insurance companies

Current through Register Vol. 41, No. 14, April 7, 2022

(a) Definitions.
(1) Annual report means a report submitted to the state fire marshal by a company setting forth the total number of fire losses and the total amount of losses paid for one calendar year.
(2) Company means a property or casualty insurance company transacting business in Kansas.
(3) FDID means a fire department identification number. Each fire department in Kansas shall be assigned an FDID.
(4) KILR form means the current edition of the Kansas insurance loss report form used by companies that do not use the PILR to report fire losses to the state fire marshal.
(5) Machine readable medium means a form that is readable by electronic data processing machines.
(6) PILR means the property insurance loss register reporting service of the American insurance association.
(7) PILR form means the reporting form used by PILR subscribers to report fire losses as approved by the state fire marshal.
(8) Reportable fire means a fire in Kansas that damages any property, dwelling, building, automobile, cropland, contents, and other such items, and that results in five hundred dollars ($500) or more in loss.
(9) Reporting service means a service provided by a third party to a company, such as adjusting services or bureaus that report to the state fire marshal on behalf of a company, including PILR.


Kan. Admin. Regs. § 22-5-3
Authorized by and implementing K.S.A. 40-2,110; effective, E-82-4, Jan. 21, 1981; effective May 1, 1981; amended May 10, 1993.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.