Current through Register Vol. 41, No. 14, April 7, 2022
Each person or government agency shall:
(1) Submit to the station commander a completed application form or a written request for temporary use of the armory;
(2) Submit a completed application form or a written request for regular use of the armory to the adjutant general's office in the State Defense Building, 2800 Topeka Avenue. This shall include any request for pre-school use of any armory located in any city pursuant to K.S.A. 1982 Supp. 48-324;
(3) Meet each requirement listed in the agreement or contract for use of any armory.
Each station commander shall:
(1) Plan, procure, and manage the use of any fund, equipment, good, or service or any other item of value which the armory may receive for its use;
(2) Publish supplemental armory policy and procedure that is consistent with each adjutant general policy, city ordinance, county resolution, lawful business practice, and state and federal military law. The station commander shall forward to the adjutant general a copy of each publication;
Approve each request for temporary use of the armory if that use is for a public function as defined in K.A.R. 56-1-1
(4) Meet each requirement listed in the agreement or contract for use of the armory;
Forward to the adjutant general any requests for:
(A) Temporary use of the armory when that use is not granted;
(B) any regular use of the armory. The station commander shall include an appropriate recommendation with each request;
a determination as to whether a proposed temporary use of the armory constitutes a public function as defined in K.A.R. 56-1-1
(6) Submit annually, or more often if needed, to the adjutant general, an armory income statement and any other financial management report required by the adjutant general. The statement and any other required report shall include any item of value used or expected to be received in an armory operation. All cash receipts shall be reported; and
(7) Establish and maintain permanent records on use of the armory.
Each unit administrator shall:
(1) Administer and manage daily unit and armory operations;
(2) Exercise the responsibilities of the station commander listed in subsection (b) when the station commander is not available for duty;
Open the armory for temporary use by any person when a natural or manmade disaster emergency has been declared by the governor or the governor's authorized agent. "Unit administrator" shall mean any qualified person appointed by the adjutant general who is:
(A) A federal employee under the provisions of title 32, U.S.C.A.; or
(B) both a member of the Kansas national guard and a state unclassified employee.
Kan. Admin. Regs. § 56-1-4
Authorized by K.S.A. 1982 Supp. 48-301, K.S.A. 48-907; implementing K.S.A. 48-204, K.S.A. 1982 Supp. 48-301, 48-309, 48-324, K.S.A. 48-504, 48-907; effective May 1, 1983; amended May 1, 1984.