02-658 C.M.R. ch. 203, § 3 - DISPENSING STATION WITH SELF-SERVICE DISPENSER REGISTRATION
1. Application for registration of a dispensing station with a self-service dispenser shall be made on forms supplied by the Board. The application shall be filed together with:
A. Payment of the registration fee; and
B. An affidavit stating that the holder of the limited operator's license has been trained according to the requirements and provisions of 32 MRSA §18142.
2. In the event that the applicant also is a dispensing station utilizing nonself-service dispensers, an application relating to its operations utilizing as nonself-service dispensers shall also be filed in compliance with Chapter 3, Section 2. The payment of the registration fee shall be included with the application.
3. Each dispensing station with a self-service dispenser shall employ an operator who holds a limited operator's license and is responsible for training on-site non-licensed self-service dispensing station operators. The training documentation required will include the Propane Gas Association of New England's dispensing station operator's manual and the National Propane Gas Association Video entitled, "Fill It or Not" or equivalent materials approved by the Board. A record of this training for all operators must be maintained on-site at all times and be available for inspection.
4. All dispensing stations with self-service dispensers shall have at least one trained operator on duty while the station is open for business. The operator's primary function shall be to supervise, observe, and control the dispensing of propane & natural gas while said products are actually being dispensed.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the operator on duty to:
A. Prevent the dispensing of propane & natural gas into portable containers;
B. Prevent the use of hose nozzle valve latch-open devices that are not recommended by the valve manufacturer;
C. Control sources of ignition; and
D. Immediately activate emergency procedures pertaining to the site.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.